Agroexports totalled US$ 661 million and conquered 101 markets in January
The largest product placements were avocados, onions, strawberries, mangoes and other fruits.
Agro-exports start the year 2021 with positive results. In January, agricultural exports totalled 661 million dollars, with grapes, fresh and frozen mango, fresh asparagus, blueberries, coffee, bananas, avocados and others being the main products in greatest demand in international markets, the Ministry of Agrarian Development and Irrigation (Midagri) reported today.
It detailed that the products which achieved the greatest positive contribution last January compared to the same month in 2020 were: fruits and other fruits (up 95%), fresh avocado (94%), fresh onions and shallots (80%), cocoa beans (79%), preparations used for animal feed (63%), ginger (59%) and fresh blueberries (+19%), among others.
Of the value exported in January, exports of traditional products accounted for 4% of the total, while non-traditional products accounted for the remaining 96%. For example, he specified that traditional agricultural exports during that month reached 26 million dollars.
Within this group of products, shipments of unroasted coffee (24 million dollars) stood out, registering an increase of 12%, and cane molasses (420,000 dollars), whose value increased by 20%.
He emphasised that both products accounted for 91% of traditional agro-exports.